For all you policy wonks out there, I came across this webinar announcement in an NSLP newsletter:
LEXINGTON INSTITUTE TO HOST NOVEMBER 10
WEBCAST ON FUTURE OF STUDENT LOANS
The Lexington Institute will host “The Future of Student Loans: A Policy Dialogue” on Tuesday, November 10 from 8:30 am to 10 am central time at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.The event is available free by webcast. Contact Lisanne Boling by phone 703.522.5828 or e-mail to RSVP.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Timothy A. Connell, President, Georgia Student Finance Commission
- Donald Murphy, CEO and Managing Associate, The Wesley Peachtree Group
- Eileen O’Leary, Executive Council, National Direct Loan Coalition, Stonehill College
- John F. Remondi, Vice Chairman and CFO, Sallie Mae
- Rich Williams, Higher Education Associate, U.S. PIRG
Questions to be addressed include:
- Given the present economic conditions and regulatory structure, what federal policies will best serve the nation’s higher education students, institutions and taxpayers?
- How will currently-proposed policy changes impact the delivery and taxpayer support of the $100 billion student loan system, and what effects can students expect?
- What can postsecondary institutions do to safeguard the best interests of their students?
Send questions for the panel along with your name and location by e-mail.