In case you missed it, here are recent posts focused on helping
students/families make the best decisions on private student loans. Students are encouraged to exhaust all grants, scholarships and federal
loan options prior to considering a private student loan.
- Most popular post: Shopping for Private Student Loans Makes a Difference!
- Results from 6 student loan applications yields interest rates between 7% - 12%
- "Miss A Payment On Your Private Student Loan, You Could See Your Interest Rate Rise"
- Highlights three lenders that have clauses in promissory notes which could result in 2-3% increase in interest rates triggered by one late payment
- Borrower Benefits on Private Student Loans
- Provides examples of savings opportunities available to private loan borrowers
- What Ingredients Go Into the "Secret Sauce"?
- Insights into the factors that lenders consider in making their credit decisions
- Does It Make Sense To Shop Around For Private Student Loans?
- Provides details on new Fair-Isaac policy about the impact of applying for multiple student loans on your credit score (hint: it helps student borrowers)
- The Promissory Note
- Highlights the key terms to be aware of when evaluating lender promissory notes
- What is the Meaning of "Instant Credit Response"?
- Reviews the on-line application process and analyzes the speed of lender credit reviews
- Private Loan Fee Structure
- Benchmarks most common fees assessed by private lenders for both origination and servicing of loans